Friday 29 January 2016

Learning ZBrush (Continued)

Back in August/September I applied to Travellers tales. I got asked to do an art test for them which involved a rock wall, a pillar a tree and some grass. I was fairly unhappy with the results, which was the main reason I began to learn zbrush, to really push my art to the next level. The lead artist who reviewed my test gave some great feedback which I have now taken on board with everything I now create.

Here is the rock wall I created for the art test:

Although it's not terrible, looking back at it I can completely understand why I didn't get the job. It would maybe fit in a mobile game but in a large AAA game, it would look really bad.


Now, after having practised with ZBrush for 2 months I wanted to go back and recreate the wall with Travellers tales advice in mind. Here is the result:

The difference is night and day. There's so much definition on the rocks, it actually has shape and the texture it miles better. This is the best example to show my progress over the last few months and I am extremely pleased with it. I am excited to see my progress in the future and I will share as much of it as I can on this blog.

If you want to view the wall in 3D: https://sketchfab.com/models/f2c240e982ff4f26b1f8d37ff09afa5d


No comments:

Post a Comment