Friday 29 January 2016

Texturing

I decided a good place to start would be to create a tileable floor texture for the reception. As it's quite a nice stylish place I created a seamless marble texture:


To create this I started in substance Painter. I started with a base concrete layer and overlayed it with a glossy material. And with the painting tools I painted in scratches, chips and dirt. Then from Substance Painter I exported the Diffuse, Roughness and Metalness maps.

In Photoshop I edited the maps to make sure that they tile correctly and then created a normal map using NDO.

Here is the Diffuse tiles 4 time in Maya:

I think the seams are very hard to spot and am quite happy with the result.


Here are all the maps put together in UE4 with some very basic lighting. I think it will be much more impressive once the room is complete as there will be reflections in the marble. And with proper lighting the roughness/metalness/normal maps will really show.


No comments:

Post a Comment