Friday 29 January 2016

Texturing (continued)

I put all of the models i created into the blockout of the Reception area and applied my Marble texture to the floor.


I also created a wall texture using the same process of the Marble.


Here I have added some basic lighting, reflections, movement in the fans and added some colourful neon lights to the vending machines. (Lighting for this room is nowhere near complete, which is why some parts are extremely dark.)


So far I am extremely happy with the progress we are making. Once all the models are textured and the scene has proper lighting I think it will be quite a nice scene.

I then created a Dirt Alpha texture to place around the scene to break up any repetitive parts and to add some age and depth to the scene.



In Unreal I used this to create a Defferred Decal material.

The material is very simple, just using a few multiplies to change the opacity and roughness to match the scene.



Here is the Decal used within the scene:

Without:


With:


This decal is good because it can be placed on any surface to make it look dirty/grungy. And will be reusable.


No comments:

Post a Comment