Monday 2 June 2014

Low poly Sword

For this brief we had to make a low poly game prop (600 tris or less). I decided to go with a sword. To make the design original and not just a generic sword i made it very square shaped and gave it a lot of 90 degree angles. It is not by any means a realistic sword, but you could imagine it being in a fantasy game of some sort.

I started with this concept piece:


I was very happy with the concept so I only needed to do the one concept.

Next i went into maya to make the 3D version which ended up looking like this:


I like that it ended up looking very similar to the concept and i stuck very closely to it. Overall I think it turned out well although there are definitely some problems with it. first of all i think the cloth wrap around it looks extremely flat and didn't end up looking like cloth and it looks very stiff instead of looking as though it is loosely hanging. And the other problem is that the green texture is meant to be something similar to marble or jade and ended up looking like rough stone instead. but other than those problems i feel as though it is a good model.

Critique and feedback very welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment